15 thoughts on “Save The World

1. Wow what a POWERFULLY persuasive speech. It is amazing that someone so young is so passionate about the environment. It gives me hope for the future.

2. I agree with your opinion, Ms T, I can’t belive there is a group of five 12 and 13 year olds getting to persuade 5 billion people to stop buying and throwing away so please stop wasting food supplies!

3. I could not agree more I mean a 13 year old silenced the world, it’s not normal that a 13 year old person would speak to the world, now that is just AWESOME.

• It is amazing how persuasive we can be when we have a passion for our topic. What topics would you be able to speak passionately and persuasively about?

4. I am just speechless. That 12 or 13 year old just gave the most persuasive speech I’ve ever heard and I’ve never known that a 13 year old could do it. My favourite part was “I am afraid to breathe the air not nowing what cemicals are in it.” Nice comment too Benny91144.

• That is such a powerful image isn’t it tswee38, being afraid to breathe. I noticed quite a few other persuasive images that were used such as “if you don’t know how to fix it, stop breaking it.” Of course the it was the environment. Did you pick up on any other persuasive devices that were used throughout the speech?

5. I can’t agree more! I mean, 13 and talking to the United Nations! Thats Nuts. I hope she gets an A+ on her report card. That’s really persuasive, like the paragraph about fixing and breaking. How long do you think it would take to write something THAT persuasive?

• Good question, I imagine that it was a team writing effort. as far as practice to present such a speech I think you would be surprised as to how quickly a speech can be so professionally polished. I wonder, Benny91144, if it isn’t the case that the young speaker wants to be able to give the world leaders an A+ rather than a much worse mark that the speaker is able to give them now! How do you think her speech would affect the listeners, would they applaud and forget, or act?

• Probably not at the United Nations, but yes wd10 I do believe this young girl has given powerful speeches before, perhaps in school.

• Glad you enjoyed it lchid4. You might find some of the other speeches on this site interesting to view also. They were given by children as well.